Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
We seek to appoint an experienced Underground Production Drilling and Blasting Advisor who will be reporting directly to the Underground Production Foreman.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Underground Production Drilling and Blasting Advisor is responsible for the training and supervision of the Production Drill and Blast Crews in the Underground mining operation to ensure safe and efficient Production activities of the Production Drills and Production Charging.
• Promote and maintaining safe work practices including training of National employees in safe and efficient Production Drilling and blasting practices.
• Training the National Drillers in operating, organising and planning the shift, meeting weekly targets and maintaining a high standard of work.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Minimum seven years’ experience in Underground Drilling and Blasting.
• Minimum five years’ experience on Atlas Copco production drill rigs as the role is more weighted towards production drilling activities.
• Demonstrated on the job training experience of Production Drilling operators.
• Demonstrated skill charging Long Hole Winze and both Down and Up holes stopes.
• Proven experience in a supervisory role in relative technical area.
• Experience working in a developing country.
• The ability and willingness to train and develop national employees;
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable).
• Current Drivers Licence.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 085817. Applications close on Thursday 17th January 2019. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
March 20, 2023
Gold prices backed off from the key $2,000 level on Monday as investors assess the health of the global banking sector, even as increasing bets of a Federal Reserve rate pause kept bullion near a one-year peak. Earlier, spot gold climbed 1.6% to its highest si … Read More
March 20, 2023
Golden Minerals Company (NYSE-A: AUMN, TSX: AUMN), a precious metals miner with over a dozen projects across Argentina, Mexico and United States, has provided an initial mineral resource estimate for its Yoquivo silver-gold project. Yoquivo is an exploration-s … Read More
March 20, 2023
Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) shares surged as much as 11.2% on Monday as the Australian gold miner started underground production three months ahead of schedule at its New South Wales Cowal project. “We are now on the pathway to increase Cowal’s production … Read More