Barrick is looking for a Contracts Administrator to join the Supply Chain team. This person will be in charge to elaborate and review all contractors and suppliers contracts that provide material and services for the operation in PVDC mine, according to regulation, policies and procedures, to ensure transparency in contracting activities according to local regulations and corporative guidance.
- Elaborate and review contractors and suppliers contracts that provide services and material for the operation in PV Mine, in order to ensure transparency in contracting activities, according to local regulations and corporative guidance and avoid future conflict regarding it management.
- Serve as link between operations team, contractors and suppliers regarding any situation of contract administration, in order to streamline the approval process and the waiting time.
- Interpret statutes, laws, policies and related regulations with contract administration and management executed with suppliers and contractors, in order to anticipate sanction or penalty that can affect PVDC, contractors and suppliers.
- Analyze and implement changes and/or variation in prices of submitted contracts by suppliers and contractors for approval, in order to prevent conflicts between the parties.
- Elaborate minutes regarding meetings with suppliers and contractors, in order to keep record of topics and provide information to the Management for making decisions.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports regarding pending contracts status for information to Supply Chain and General Management.
- Supervise and ensure compliance of contractual agreements between PVDC, contractors and suppliers (presentations, deliverables, progress, invoices and cost elevation), to ensure the efficient use of financial resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Law, or related field.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Oracle system knowledge or similar for contracts management.
- MS Excel and MS Project advanced Knowledge
- Five (5) years’ work experience as Contracts Administrator. Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas; remain informed of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Experience with conflict management and negotiation.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.