Barrick is looking for an EMS Coordinator to join the Environmental team. Oversees the structure and implementation of the Environmental Management System (EMS). Ensures that the EMS is suitable, adequate, and effective for the needs of the Barrick Nevada – Cortez District. Coordinates with other personnel within Barrick Nevada and the Company to standardize and ensure best management practices are built into the system.
- Implementing the EMS for Barrick Nevada – Cortez District, including leading aspect reviews, guiding establishment of objectives and targets, and ensuring commitments are tracked and acted upon.
- Organizing and leading internal and third-party audits of the EMS.
- Providing direction and oversight of the Critical Controls Management Program.
- Developing, in coordination with media leads and the Goldstrike EMS Coordinator, training materials for New Hire training, Annual Refresher Training, BEST Training, Lead & Learns, Pre-shift Reports, and any other events or formats for educating the workforce on Environmental awareness and best practices.
- Organizing Environmental coverage of above mentioned training events.
- Owning and implementing the Intelex system for use in the Environmental Management System, including the MOC.
- Providing training to the Environmental Department regarding EMS requirements and expectations, as needed.
- Assisting with compliance activities, as assigned.
- Completing specific assignments as directed by the media leads and Environmental Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree completed or in progress required.
- Ability to spend time with Division personnel and leadership in the field.
- Ability to listen and absorb information in order to ensure the system adds value.
- Ability to think critically in order to solve a problem within role.
- Ability to facilitate, train, and manage meetings.
- Ability to cooperatively work with and take direction from members of the Environmental Department, Operating Divisions, and Leadership team.
- Ability to influence various levels of the organization to ensure EMS is effective and continually improved upon.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of reports and documents.
- Ability to participate in safety and environmental field interactions.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.