Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
We seek to appoint an experienced Diamond Driller Foreman responsible for the leadership and mentoring of the Underground Diamond Drill Supervisors and National drillers. This positon will report directly to the Development Superintendent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading a team and providing hands-on training in a safe and efficient Diamond Drilling Program to achieve agreed outcomes.
• Promote and maintaining safe work practices including training of National Drillers in safe and efficient Diamond Drilling practices.
• Training the National Drillers in operating, organising and planning the shift, meeting weekly targets and maintaining a high standard of work.
• Monitor shift’s targets and progress with the Supervisor throughout the shift
• Debrief Supervisor on the shift’s progress, achievement and safety issues at the end of each shift, completing any paper work as required
• Completion of the Deep hole project as per budget, schedule and quality.
• Safe efficient supervision of crew to meet projected production targets.
• Recommend improvements to safe operating procedures.
• Monitor and maintain compliance with statutory and Company safe operating procedures.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Seven years’ experience in underground Diamond Drilling
• Extensive skills operating LM 90 Longyear rigs
• Demonstrated experience in on the job training of Diamond Drilling operators.
• Experienced in deep hole drilling, in excess of 1000m
• Experience in the use of Mobile carrier rigs (MCR) Atlas M2D with Boart Longyear 700 series feed frame.
• Demonstrated experienced in the use of Azimuth alignment equipment
• Experienced in the use of core orientation tools Reflex ACT III and EZY-MARK tools.
• Extensive experience in deep hole drilling, and in the use of drill muds and down hole equipment.
• Ability to react well to changing and difficult conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a crew safely and improve team safety awareness.
• Experience working in a developing country.
• The ability and willingness to train and develop national employees;
• Proven experience in a supervisory role in relative technical area.
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable).
• Current Drivers Licence.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 085639. Applications close on Friday 14th December 2018. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.