Closing Date: December 31, 2016
WorkPac, an Australian owned and operated recruitment solutions provider has a long term contract with well established mining operations in Regional South Australia.
Under the arrangement, WorkPac will provide industrial and professional employees to help drive productivity and growth for South Australia’s biggest long term mining operation.
We are currently seeking an experienced Jumbo Operator to join the Development team, providing expertise in their field.
You will be responsible for carrying out development work and other mining tasks as directed by the Supervisor. The jumbo operator will be required to safely and competently operate equipment, displaying extensive knowledge of underground mining processes and operations. The successful applicant will be self motivated, be able to work autonomously while contributing effectively as a valued team member.
This role will be on a 4/5 rotational roster, DIDO basis with camp accommodation or residential.
Key responsibilities will include;
* Be able to work autonomously to achieve set production goals,
* Operate equipment in a safe manner,
* Providing reliable and accurate operational and maintenance knowledge to minimize down time,
* Working collaboratively with the Development specialist to ensure drilling is undertaken to plan,
* Adhering to the sites safety systems, policies and procedures.
Key factors to your success include;
* Minimum 5 Years Jumbo Experience, proven knowledge of charging, firing, bogging and trucking of development headings,
* Experience in underground hard rock techniques,
* Must be able to complete a National Police Clearance,
* Current drivers license essential,
* Excellent communication skills,
* Working at Heights and Confined Spaces nationally accredited training preferred, but not essential.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre employment medical assessment, and will be subject to ongoing Fitness for Work testing.
Safety of our people and those we work alongside is our number one priority.
If you meet the above requirements for this role please submit your resume including relevant experience and qualifications plus two contactable references by hitting the APPLY NOW button to get your career with WorkPac started.
Contact Kateland McBey today on 08 8671 4622 for more information.
Profession: Mining, Oil & Gas
Role: Mining – Production
Work Type: Casual
Reference Number: 7072J201617720
March 20, 2023
Gold prices backed off from the key $2,000 level on Monday as investors assess the health of the global banking sector, even as increasing bets of a Federal Reserve rate pause kept bullion near a one-year peak. Earlier, spot gold climbed 1.6% to its highest si … Read More
March 20, 2023
Golden Minerals Company (NYSE-A: AUMN, TSX: AUMN), a precious metals miner with over a dozen projects across Argentina, Mexico and United States, has provided an initial mineral resource estimate for its Yoquivo silver-gold project. Yoquivo is an exploration-s … Read More
March 20, 2023
Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) shares surged as much as 11.2% on Monday as the Australian gold miner started underground production three months ahead of schedule at its New South Wales Cowal project. “We are now on the pathway to increase Cowal’s production … Read More