At our Kinross Fort Knox Mine located 30 minutes outside of Fairbanks Alaska, you’ll find many rewarding career opportunities and a life full of adventure in the great Alaskan outdoors. Fairbanks is a lively community that mixes small-town charm with big-city amenities, all while having the wilderness and endless recreational possibilities on your doorstep. Kinross is the largest open pit gold mine in Alaska, with over 650 employees producing 240,000 tons per day.
The incumbent is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of all milling equipment while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of all related milling equipment.
- Work in cooperation with the mill operations group and the mill technical services group to execute general mill maintenance, capital and construction projects.
- Respond to equipment emergencies on a 24 hour basis as required.
- Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
- Works without risk or harm to self and others.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by state agency, or must be able to pass driver competency course and exam.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Perform other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Trade School degree is preferred.
- Previous experience with JDE preferred.
- Two years of fixed plant maintenance experience preferred.
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills
- Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to carry out daily work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to have maintenance completed on a timely basis.
- Must be able to prepare pertinent documentation and records for all work performed.
- Must be 18 years old and presently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Mill Maintenance Supervisor
US work permit required
Travel not required, only exceptionally
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Job Segment: Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic, Database, Technical Writer, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology