Barrick is looking for a Metallurgist to join our Barrick Nevada Goldstrike Operations Metallurgical Services Team, to be involved with the day-to-day safe production, plant improvements, and economic development, instrumentation selection, quality control, data collection automation, and trouble-shooting problems within the Metallurgical Services Department.
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, the Metallurgist is responsible for the following:
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervision along with outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of the plant operation and maintaining of equipment;
- Direct, train, and evaluate skills of subordinates and provide coaching for development;
- Possess the capabilities to manage projects through all aspects of experimental design, engineering, forecasting, funding, construction, and commissioning;
- Continue to develop automation of data collection.
- Be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance and analysis to process group stakeholders;
- Understand strategic business planning and propose process improvement to maximize cash flow;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Process-related degree required
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex gold metallurgical and processing analysis, hands-on practical application and process optimization with 5 – 8 years’ experience is highly preferred
- Ability to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance, and problem resolution from an operating plan status required
- Proficiency in multiple software application and network platforms preferred
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large datasets programmatically is required
- Ability to work with PowerBI, Tableau or set-up databases would be well regarded
- Experience with the analytical instrumentation and theory of ion exchange is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work and construct a team environment that creates and enhances the Barrick vision through understanding and capturing of future opportunities required
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position required
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Other factors that will be considered are employee performance, length of service, and work history.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.