Reporting to the Manager of Surface Operations, the Processing Manager will be directly responsible and accountable for all activities conducted in the Processing Department to ensure the most efficient use of manpower and materials, for monitoring practices to attain maximum efficiency, for ensuring safety and cost effectiveness, and for achieving overall corporate objectives of the operation at Goldcorp Red Lake Gold Mines.
- Oversee and manage performance of direct reports.
- Set goals and objectives, safety, and safe production targets for the process plant in line with RLGM and corporate strategy.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement revised methods, equipment improvements to enhance the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Prepare operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure safe production targets are met, tons milled, overall gold recovered are maintained within budget.
- Ensure process equipment is maintained in good working condition in order to sustain maximum process plant availability.
- Monitor and ensure that all personnel are properly trained, cross-trained and multi-skilled.
- Oversee talent management and ensure supervisory staff is developed and that a succession plan is in place.
- Initiate Research & Development programs to investigate metallurgical testing designed to increase recovery and lower costs.
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Work in a healthy work environment with full support, cooperation and commitment to satisfy our operation’s goal of being accident-free.
- Comply with federal and provincial acts and regulations, and legal requirements.
- Adhere to all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.