Closing Date: December 31, 2017
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager will be responsible for the oversight of project deliverables including managing, planning, directing and coordinating project activities. This role will have high level commercial accountability to ensure that the costs, scheduling, scope and overall project management of the project meets DMC standards and client expectations.
The incumbent will maintain and grow our relationships with new and existing clients and sub-contractors to ensure DMC is well represented. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development of future opportunities within the region.
The Project Manager will take responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the role has control and accountability, including adherence to all company policies. The successful candidate will demonstrate DMC’s core values of: Zero Harm, Win-Win Client Relationships, People Development and Innovation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pursuit of Zero Harm
• Pursues and drives a culture of zero harm at the project sites and offices, with an uncompromising commitment to health, safety, and the environment. This is accomplished with thorough plans, procedures, training and initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Ensure all aspects of DMC’s Health & Safety Management systems are in place and/or negotiates with the clients to ensure their required standards meet or exceed DMC’s standards.
• Ensures the project deliverables are carried out safely and are in compliance with all environmental regulations.
• Models the commitment and behavior that is expected of your team members with a great emphasis on safety at work as well as away from work.
Successful Client Relationships
• Maintains, builds and promotes strong, collaborative relationships with our clients, across DMC offices and corporate functions, with sub-contractors and within the communities.
• Identifies critical path issues and ensure plans are in place to meet key schedules and deliverables.
• Supports the Project team to ensure they have the resources to meet their milestones and overcome any obstacles impacting their success.
• Oversees the execution of the contract technically and commercially, with the assistance of the other key project team members
• Manages the interfaces between the client’s implementation and project support.
• Protects DMC’s reputation and interests, by ensuring all risks are pro-actively managed and resolved.
Investing in People Development
• Continues to build a working environment that promotes investing in people, providing opportunities to increase their skills, know-how and experience.
• Attracts and retains team members who can deliver the results and support DMC’s values.
• Supports the career development of team members to ensure they receive support in achieving their career goals and growth within DMC.
• Has a high threshold in expectations of performance and talent management for leaders and team members.
• Ensures talent management plans are in place, including workforce and succession planning.
• Employs a leadership style that demonstrates coaching, care of employees and integrity.
Promoting and Measuring Innovation
• Ensures continuous improvement initiatives are encouraged and driven throughout the project to ensure that DMC continuously improves in all aspects of the project for DMC and its clients benefit.
• Rewards, recognizes and measures innovations across the project.
• Successfully manages the project assigned within the region to ensure that all project goals are met in accordance with established budgets and schedules as expected by the client(s) and DMC.
• Develops and incorporates all project scope changes, provides reporting updates on project activities, costs performance, schedule compliance, etc., and makes recommendations with regards to Engineering, Maintenance, Commercial, Estimating, Purchasing and Human Resources issues to ensure project objectives are properly bid and supported.
• Prepares and presents regular update reports, attends meetings with clients, corporate management and site personnel as required.
• Recommends courses of action designed to eliminate potential production problems and to improve operational efficiency and control production costs.
• Assures maximum productivity and extraction rates through the utilization of appropriate mining methods, procedures and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Possess a Bachelor Degree or a Technology Diploma in an engineering discipline.
2. Have a minimum of 10+ years working in the mining or mine contracting industry, with a preference for mine development and shaft sinking experience.
3. Project management experience including project controls, procurement and contract management.
4. Proven leadership and relationship management skills and experience.
5. Be able to understand and motivate teams across functions, disciplines and offices to work collaboratively and efficiently.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills and negotiation skills.
7. Have intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
“As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.”