Barrick is looking for a Project Shift Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting to the Project Chief Engineer, the Project Shift Coordinator, is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that contractors shaft sinking crews are aligned with site environmental, health, safety, and loss control systems
- Promote a culture of fair and transparent relationships with not only contractor shaft sinking crews but the Third Shaft Project Team as well
- Ensure that proper training and continuous improvement are integrated into the project execution
- Perform various QA/QC roles such as data collection, assist with rock mass classification decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years underground mining experience with progressively increasing responsibilities required
- Three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory or lead role preferred
- Sound understanding and proven track record with underground safety and environmental issues required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent safety and attendance record required
- Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required
- Ability to utilize electronic systems and basic understanding of Microsoft Office products required
- Ability to read and execute engineering drawings required
- Exposure/Comfort with rock mass classification systems in support of Ground Control Management Plan preferred
- Shaft Sinking Experience preferred
- Contracting Experience preferred
- Underground Engineering Experience preferred
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Turquoise Ridge property is located in the Potosi Mining District, about 43 miles northeast of Winnemucca, Nevada. Barrick is the operator and 75% owner of the mine with Newmont owning the remaining 25%.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.