Barrick is looking for a Procurement Supervisor to join the Supply Chain team. This person will be responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity strategies plans and the management of supplier relationships. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, goods and services supply agreements, and compliance with Local, Regional, and Global purchasing policies and procedures. This role includes the overview of the Pueblo Viejo Dominicana Corporation (PVDC) purchasing policies and procedures to ensure that they conform to the respective execution plans in respect of purchasing matters.
- Responsible for control, planning, developing and buying material, services, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications to ensure that all purchase requisitions being approved and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policies, and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Implement procurement strategies and policies, continually develop expertise to support growth for different projects and ensure compliance with PVDC objectives.
- Manage and develop relationships with vendors and key suppliers to ensure establish appropriate communication, recommend solutions and provide feedback.
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and discuss defective or unacceptable new goods orr services with users or vendors, to take corrective and preventive action.
- Maintain procurement files, track purchasing activities and measure the process to ensure preparation and evaluation of tenders is appropriately performed and goods and services purchased conform to ethical, health, safety, environmental and community policies.
- Control the flow of all information requested, and all invoices on hold, on a daily basis to ensure all invoices assigned to purchasing for action being solved with the appropriate actions within 24 hours of receiving the requested actions notification.
- Maintain a continuous review of the suppliers’ performance, identify improvements area, to ensure suppliers compliance with PVDC policies, recommend guidance and propose solutions.
- Assist as required in the bidding, analysis of bids, reporting recommendation and award of on-site works contracts to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Support all local supplier development programs to ensure compliance with Smaps.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Industrial Engineer or related areas.
- Administration or Management Specialist experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Microsoft Office and Oracle
- SAP/Ariba experience is an asset
- Knowledge and negotiation skills.
- Client Services
- Strategies implementation
- Project Management
- Project supervisory background experience in a Purchasing Supervisor’s role on similar type projects. Emphasis is on contract formation, contract change management and trend control.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.