Senior Credit Analyst
Reporting to the Manager, Credit who is based remotely, the Senior Credit Analyst is responsible for independently maintaining the Base Metals and Concentrates credit functions of approximately 200 customers. This includes analysis and review of credit applications for acceptance or denial of credit in accordance with the company’s credit policies and procedures. This position is also responsible for managing and controlling the accounts receivable portfolio and following up with customers on late payments.
- Evaluate the creditworthiness of current and prospective customers and recommend credit terms and limits appropriate to the customer’s requirements and abilities and company’s policies and procedures.
- Advise and collaborate with both internal and external groups regarding the resolution of Credit and A/R issues.
- Continually review Credit and Accounts Receivable (A/R) practices and provide recommendations to ensure that company policies and procedures are sound and effective.
- Monitor aging of customer receivables and perform prompt follow-up of late payments.
- Monitor credit breaches, outstanding receivables and mark-to-market exposure and prepare reports to marketing group and senior management.
- Prepare all month-end management reports for Marketing teams and credit reports for the credit committee, Finance, Treasury and external industry groups.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Sales Admin and legal teams to ensure any legal agreements and security requirements entered into with customers are properly documented and received.
- Liaise with customers in conjunction with the Sales team, trade finance & counterparts’ credit teams to facilitate credit enhancements, including parental guarantees, letters of credit, forfaiting, ISDA, LC and AR discounting, and credit insurance.
- Liaise with the Sales Administration team to ensure export LC business are allocated to Teck’s relationship banks and that confirmation is added in accordance with Export LC policy.
- Ensure compliance with all SOX and other internal control requirements related to credit and collection related activities.
- Provide hands on credit administration and customer support to credit analyst based in Calgary during peak and vacation periods.
- Provides hands on support to the Manager Credit during vacation period.
- Perform ad hoc projects assigned by the Manager, Credit.
- Track and summarize news releases to provide advice to senior management and the marketing and sales teams on events and industry & global economic trends that may affect any of our customers’ ability to honour their obligations to the company.
- Work closely with Finance and the planning teams to help ensure with the accuracy of cash forecasting requirements.
- Credit Analysis– In-depth knowledge and understanding of financial terms and concepts as related to all aspects of credit analysis: e.g.; DSO, Current and Quick Ratios, Net Worth, Debt to Equity Ratio, etc.
- Financial Analysis: demonstrates understanding of basic financial results. Apply analysis techniques to historical information to measure financial performance and credit worthiness by using various services such as D&B, Bloomberg and NACM credit group reports, credit rating agencies and other sources of financial data (internet).
- Business Terms & agreements: Understands and can manage legal contractual agreements with customers and negotiate favourable agreements for the company and acceptable to other parties.
- Communication skills: Must be able to express oneself clearly and concisely verbally and in writing to both internal and external parties. Along with strong listening and interpersonal skills to effectively respond to customers and function effectively among peers.
- Financial Management: requires the ability to collect, analyze, compile and interpret financial data and find effective solutions to problems.
- A business, finance or accounting degree from an accredited university supported by a recognized designation (CCP, CCE, CFA, CPA or equivalent designation).
- A good understanding of SAP, AX Dynamics and MS office (Excel)
- Minimum of 7 years work experience, 3-5 years in international credit management in a related industry such as mining and oil & gas.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
All applicants are requested to attach their cover letter and Resume as one document.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the sixth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com