Closing Date: December 31, 2016
Barrick aims to be the leading mining company focused on gold, growing our cash flow per share by developing and operating high quality assets through disciplined allocation of human and financial capital and operational excellence.
Barrick has mining operations in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Dominican Republic, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Saudi Arabia, United States and Zambia. More than 75 percent of the company’s gold production comes from the Americas region
Barrick shares are traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Currently Barrick has an opening for a Full Time Senior Helpdesk Specialist for our Information Technology department. Below are the key responsibilities for the position and qualifications.
The overall key objectives for this role include:
• Provide first level and second level technical support for the corporate office.
• Suggest and implement continuous improvement ideas to improve customer support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KEY COMPETENCIES AREAS:
The ideal candidate for this position would demonstrate the following primary knowledge, skills, and attributes:
• Hands-on technical knowledge of workstations, laptops and printers.
• Hands on experience with Cisco CUCM and Telepresence
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows 7, Office 2010, Active Directory, and Exchange
• Extensive experience with hardware, software, and network troubleshooting
• Familiarity with Remote assistance tools
Self-Management and Personal Traits:
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written (English and Spanish preferred)
• Good team player and comfortable dealing with all levels of management
• Works well under pressure, change and ambiguity
• Ability to work independently
• Uses consideration and tact
• Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct
• Works on improving own knowledge, skills and attitudes
• Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize
• Isolates, defines, and resolves complex problems
• Makes realistic, practical, value-based decisions
• Keeps on track and moving forward
• Deals with situations in an open, objective, and flexible manner
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Microsoft MCSA or MCSE and A+ certifications preferred
• Cisco CCNA and CCNA Voice preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing hands on support to end users in a fast paced business environment
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• Preference will be given to candidates that possess: Two (2) to four (4) year information technology degree or four (4) years additional personal computer and data communication work related experience
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge of Windows servers and personal computers in a networked environment including data and telecommunications equipment