Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
The Senior Jumbo Operator Trainer will report direct to the Development Foreman and be responsible for training the National jumbo drillers in operating, organising and planning for setting up the crew, quality of work and following the Development schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the team.
• Train and develop National Jumbo Operators to high levels of competency with development drilling and the installation of ground support.
• Perform other duties as directed.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Seven years’ experience in underground mining operations principally in development mining operations
• Three years jumbo (Atlas M2D) experience in underground mining.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and safely.
• Experience in on the job training of underground operators.
• Proven experience in a supervisory role in relative technical area.
• Tertiary qualifications within Underground Mining.
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable).
• The ability and willingness to train and develop national employees;
• Previous experience working in PNG or other developing countries, desirable;
• Current Drivers Licence.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 085819. Applications close on Thursday 17th January 2019. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.