Papua New Guinea
Barrick (Niugini) Limited (BNL) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold and Zijin Mining Group. The Porgera Gold Mine employs over 2,500 Papua New Guineans, and over the life of the mine it has contributed approximately 10% of Papua New Guinea’s total annual exports.
BNL offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to play an important role in the training and development of our national workforce. The role will not only challenge your skills but can be very rewarding.
We seek to recruit an experienced Underground Mechanical Senior Trainer to execute, supervise and train employees in the maintenance work of mobile and ancillary equipment – PM’s, service, breakdown and rebuilds to achieve equipment performance targets as set by the Superintendent or Foreman or their delegates. This role will report direct to the Underground Mechanical Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guide the team in the completion of tasks to ensure achievement of PM’s, service schedules or breakdown maintenance.
• Provide key technical knowledge and experience to the team
• Supervise and train National employees in on the job – job safety, job technical aspects and fault finding.
• Conduct on the job training for National employees in the Competency based training program including assessment and deficiency identification.
• Ability to diagnose and react proactively to equipment faults and effect repairs.
• Assist the Workshop Foreman and Shift Supervisor for the general management and operation of the Mobile Maintenance Section within the department.
• Execute maintenance work based on PM and service schedules including breakdown maintenance activities
• Be able to work in an underground environment and workshop.
• Provide technical expertise to plant and equipment.
• Supervise teams to ensure they are working effectively and efficiently.
To be suitable for this role, you will possess the following:
• Sound knowledge of maintenance systems and practices within mobile equipment with a bias to CAT underground equipment – AD45 & 55 trucks, 2900 loaders.
• Sound knowledge of maintenance systems and practices within mobile equipment with a bias to Atlas Copco drilling equipment.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the underground mining industry
• Prepared to work to flexible company roster and to varied working hours as required to accomplish the company’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates abilities in supervising trade crews.
• Ability to train subordinates and transfer knowledge.
• Proven experience in a supervisory role in relative technical area.
• Certificate IV Training and Assessment (preferable).
• The ability and willingness to train and develop national employees;
• Current Drivers Licence.
Your primary location will be the Porgera Mine Site. An on-travel allowance will be provided to candidates who reside outside of Cairns, Australia. Alternatively the Company will provide assistance as per BNL Relocation Policy to relocate the successful candidate to Cairns, Australia if the candidate holds a current visa to reside in Australia. The roster for this role is a fly in, fly out rotation on 16 days on, 12 days off.
How to Apply
All submissions must be via the Barrick website www.barrick.com/Careers reference number: 082977. Applications close on Monday 24th September 2018. If you have any further questions please contact Kristy Soper, Human Resources Advisor on (07) 4050 5100.
The offer for this role is conditional upon the candidate successfully obtaining and retaining a visa that allows you to work in Papua New Guinea. All applicants must be willing to undertake a pre-employment medical screening and will need to obtain a National Police Clearance.
BNL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. Applicants who have not been responded to within thirty (30) days from the closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.