GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: Successful candidate will initiate accounting and financial activities through performing accounting and reconciliations for Barrick corporate entities, month end close, variance analysis, budget, forecasting & life of mine, network foundation support and system support for payment and imaging software. Journal entries and month-end duties as directed.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business or related field preferred.
· Prior work experience with accounting software required.
· Experience with Oracle financials and Markview required.
· Ability to work in a team-setting, balancing team and individual responsibilities required.
· Ability to exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views and to contribute to a positive team environment required.
· Possesses a firm knowledge of accounting and understanding of related business implications required.
· Displays a willingness to make decisions exhibiting sound and accurate judgment required.
· Demonstrated ability to focus on quality and accuracy, looking for ways to improve and promote quality including monitoring own work to ensure quality required.
Other factors, including an employee’s performance, length of service,
and work record will also be considered.
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER