The Turquoise Ridge property is located in the Potosi Mining District, about 43 miles northeast of Winnemucca, Nevada. Barrick is the operator and 75% owner of the mine with Newmont owning the remaining 25%.
Responsibilities include: The Underground Mine Engineer will develop, update, and implement practical mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically minable ore reserves; coordinate all production and engineering activities which will include backfill, ventilation, utilities (air, water, power), QA/QC, ground support engineering; must be willing to complete an operational rotation; and perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mining Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience required
• One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in the mining industry preferred
• Knowledge of underground mining methods and design required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Strong computer skills with mine design programs preferred
• Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results required
What we can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits, and stock where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to transform traditional mining business into Digital Mining Business.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.