Lucapa Diamond Company Ltd. (ASX:LOM) announced that mineral chemistry analysis of earlier kimberlite samples has revealed further target areas. They will be included at a drill program that’s set to start at the Angola-based Lulo diamond project in early 2016.
- Mineral chemistry analysis of previous Lulo kimberlite samples reveals purple G10D garnets from kimberlites L165 and L18
- Kimberlite drilling program planned for early 2016 at the high-priority L259, L13 and L15 kimberlites to be extended to include the kimberlite clusters around L165 and L18, where follow-up sampling work has been recommended
- Kimberlite L165 is close to the diamond-bearing L170 kimberlite, where both a G10D garnet and a micro diamond were previously recovered
- Kimberlite L18 is located adjacent to the L19 kimberlite and close to L46, which have both been found to be diamond-bearing pipes
- Drilling of the high priority kimberlites L259, L13 and L15 near alluvial Mining Block 8 will follow the electromagnetic and gravity surveys currently being conducted
Get Our Expert Guide to Diamond Investing FREE!
Download this FREE Special Report, Investing in Stornoway Diamonds or Other Canadian Diamond Mines – Beyond the Diamond Price Calculator.