Closing Date: December 31, 2016
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate will supervise assay lab technicians on a 12 hour, rotating shift, be familiar with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and Labware used in the Goldstrike Assay Lab. Responsible for assay lab crew’s safe production, environmental compliance and quality of analytical work reported. OTL entry and approval, manager self-service, work requests/orders, move orders, updating employee training records, status upgrades and employee performance reviews. Responsible for controlling costs to comply with annual budget. Prioritize and re-prioritize a large workload as needed to meet client expectations. Foremost, promote a safe working environment, procedures and culture; and perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Five (5) to ten (10) years lab operations experience required
• Five (5) to ten (10) years supervisor experience required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment required
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position preferred
• Computer skills and familiarity with Labware is required
Other factors that will be considered are employee performance, length of service, and work history.
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER