Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 28,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
- Assume responsibility for administrative and business tasks without requiring direct supervision in performing a variety of duties for Technical Services Executive Leadership leaders.
- Requires knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Relies on professional experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work independently, exercising initiative, discretion and judgment and make appropriate decisions within the scope of assigned responsibility.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors and assist with incoming inquiries, using knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems requiring knowledge of Company policies and procedures and ongoing projects.
- Serve as a liaison between executives, direct reports, business associates and executive associates.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, and conferences, including outside vendor contact negotiation as needed for Technical Services senior leaders.
- Compose correspondence, edit documents, generate reports and take and transcribe minutes of meetings as necessary.
- Handle confidential and time sensitive material with tact and discretion.
- Research, compile and prepare data for administrative reports and presentations.
- Prepare presentations and reports for meetings, which may include setup of A/V equipment.
- Extensive domestic and international travel coordination and expense reports as needed for Technical Services executive leaders.
- Generate requests for payment and code and enter data.
- Compile and develop annual budgets and generate monthly variance reports.
- Complex project coordination and assignments as requested.
- Circulate mail, records, publications, and order and maintain department’s office supplies.
- With advanced knowledge of filing systems, create, maintain and update department files, records and publications.
- Perform copying, collating, binding, packaging, etc., and disseminate routine and other documents as requested by department personnel including mail/messenger/meeting preparations.
- Minimal assistance with personal business for executive.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. From time-to-time this may require ad-hoc requests from outside Technical Services. A customer focus and teamwork is essential.
- Office professionalism required.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- The position is located in an office environment.