Barrick is looking for a Buyer to join the Supply Chain team. This person will be in charge of evaluating, managing materials and services required for the operation. Negotiating with suppliers the best economical-financial conditions available for the organization transparently, competitively an ethically, to provide efficiently the planning of the organization according to procedures, policies and establish regulations by PVDC.
- Evaluate local and international suppliers based on the quality of the product offered, payment conditions, post-sell services and dispatch way, in order to get the best economical/financial condition.
- Perform purchasing process efficiently and timely of material and services required in direct form or according to the established plan in the raw material inventory, using evaluation criteria aligned to corporate and local guides in supplies management, to respond to the operational needs and PVDC strategy.
- Obtain precise information regarding price, time, parts number, supplier identification and material technical specification, to contribute to the right cataloging of material in the inventory and ensure its continue supply.
- Monitor the material, service, quotations and information request from operations users, communicating constantly to contribute with the established standards regarding client services and performance.
- Perform comparative analysis regarding volume, cost, delivery time, ensuring that the organization obtain the best value for its investment.
- Prepare purchasing orders that meets quality criteria established in the system by PVDC regarding to contact information, delivery address, terms and conditions, risk transfer, price, type of order, quantity agreed with user and supplier and timely shipping of the approved order to the buyer, to maintain the process reliable.
- Identify improvement options regarding costs and process, to achieve its efficiency.
- Monitor in the invoices record system, the invoices associated to purchasing orders under responsibility to contribute with an efficient management of the payment according to payment terms agreed with suppliers and internal standards regarding invoices management.
- Participate actively in the order life-cycle from preparation until payment, ensuring that each stage of purchasing process (Logistics, warehouse, returning, and payment) received the required support timely to ensure and efficient execution of purchasing and payment.
- Ensure the data record in the system is correct, in order to meet with quality required standards in purchasing orders and keep the database updated regarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Supply Chain policies through an efficient communication to user and interested parties and correction/communication timely proposing sustainable solutions to deviations, to contribute with the achievement of organizational goals and keep a control environment.
- Keep constant communication with different department of supply chain as warehouse, inventory control, logistic, to identify improvement areas and implement solutions.
- The buyer serves as link between suppliers and different functional PVDC areas, to ensure that the communication is correct and the necessary information is received in sides, ensuring a transparency environment, as well as fair and equitable treatment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Marketing, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience as buyer/planner
- Additional experience in warehouse/inventory, logistics, preferable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Oracle system or similar for contracts management.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.