Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and
Newmont‘s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine
located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves.
Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programmes in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This,
combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include
establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of
net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones
Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in
environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and
JOB TITLE: Engineer Mechanical III
POSITION TITLE (BCT): Condition Monitoring Supervisor
REPORTS TO: General Foreman – Process Maintenance Planning
JOB FAMILY: Process Maintenance
Operating Cost /
Budget & Production:
# Positions directly supervised: Condition Monitoring Technicians
# Positions indirectly
To ensure equipment and machine reliability, availability and capability through the application of engineering’s planned maintenance
system in order to meet the short and long-term equipment and machine demands required by Akyem so that production targets are achieved
safely and efficiently. Complies with standards and procedures and performs daily activities in a responsible manner, with quality and
quantity of work as priority.
• Comply with relevant Ghanaian & International laws as well as Newmont’s regulations on Health,Safety, Environment and Community Relations
policies, standards & procedures.
• Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety ofevery employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
• Enforce the Asset Management Plan to ensure compliance.
• Comply with Planned Maintenance System (SAP) in order to optimize machine availability and reliability.
• Develop and implement continuous improvement plans in line with the Maintenance Management systems.
• Develop and implement cost saving plans in fuel and other consumables
• Provide daily feedback to General Forman on actual jobs executed as against planned jobs.
• Recommend solutions and other related maintenance reports for the General Foreman to improve service delivery.
• Establish and maintain an accurate asset register system to facilitate the condition monitoring program.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and
supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-
•Consequences can be severe
•Time constraint: High to Severe
•Can become complacent
•Consequences of decisions
•Critical Thinking & Reasoning
•Utilize standards and procedures
•Works with detail
•Business Conduct and Ethics
•Compliance with Codes, Policies, Procedures, Standards, SOP’s & COP’s
•Comply with MOS
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field and equivalent combination of training and experience in leading large
multi-national processing plant
•Strong working knowledge in the maintenance of crushers and grinding mill equipment.
•Strong working knowledge in the maintenance of large slurry pumps and reducers.
•Strong working knowledge in maintenance planning systems– SAP/MIMS.
•Strong working knowledge of budget and cost control in a process maintenance environment.
•Project Management knowledge and working experience
•MS Project software knowledge and working experience
•Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Planned Maintenance Supervisor in a large process plant environment.
•Extensive maintenance supervisory experience is a prerequisite for the job role with engineering qualifications desirable
•Experience in conducting RCFA’s and FMEA.
•Experience in the use of condition monitoring techniques is essential.
•Vibration Measurement and Analysis
•Oil Analysis and Tribology
•Motor Current Analysis
Skills and Abilities:
•Reporting and analyzing of data using the Pareto analysis
•Demonstrate strong supervisory,verbal and written communication skills.
•High level of PC Skills and computer literacy.