Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com
) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 28,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
Provide strategic focus with tactical oversight of global IT PMO and IT Project Finance activities. Will establish and maintain a set of project management methods, tools, and processes that enable the organization to deliver quality solutions, on time, on budget with all deliverables met at a low cost. Manages the development, implementation, and training of third party vendor associates on the program and project management approach.
Responsible for Project Governance, PMO Methodology, and Accountable for Capital Plan
- Develop and maintain project management framework to be adhered to by all IT projects.
- Determines the strategic direction of global IT project management practice
- Monitors the project management office capabilities and performance levels for key areas including project alignment, selection, prioritization, planning, execution and delivery.
- Leads the development, maintenance, continuous improvement, and documentation of a standard corporate methodology for IT project management.
- Enables the global organization through ongoing training on project methodologies, processes and approach.
- Global resource planning owner that provides a macro view of IT project staffing capacity and ensures capacity issues are understood. Negotiates broad resource agreements to be used by the organization.
- Leads the IT governance processes of global project prioritization and project approval for IT projects in partnership with key business stakeholders, corporate and regional IT directors IT, and the CIO.
- IT project Quality Assurance (QA) process owner. Directs global project QA’s to ensure projects are on track. Provides direction on corrective action. Intervenes on projects when they are not performing well, and works with project manager, director and CIO to realign and correct the project deficiencies, or stops the project.
- Determine future integration strategies with contractors and suppliers, outsourcing and partnership arrangements, and overall project implementation and support needs.
- Establish and facilitate processes to develop and monitor the annual global IT capital and expense budgets, routine financial forecasts (department and projects) and annual planning processes. Facilitate the reporting and tracking of the department’s financial performance, including, but not limited to, budget to actual variance reporting.
- Ensure effective stakeholder and project team communications and engagement occur throughout projects.
- Provide timely communication, coordination, updates and tracking regarding Project AFE/Business Case submission, project forecasting, and project performance (PPI).
- Communicate projects status to project team and leadership and interface with other departments through project committees, oral and written reports.
- Ensure technical assessments are completed on every project to validate infrastructure requirements, additions, increased capacity needs, performance, facilities and equipment are proactively planned for in the project activities and deliverables.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- The position is located in the Denver corporate office.
- Position may be required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
- Flexible hours to accommodate global meeting times