Closing Date: December 1, 2017
Company: Legend Mining Inc.
Business Information: Legend Mining Incorporated is a newly formed, Sudbury based mining contracting company with a U.S. division based out of Nevada, with expertise in underground and surface construction, shaft sinking, maintenance and development mining.
Business Address: 1275 Kelly Lake Road Unit 1 Upper Sudbury ON P3E 5P5
Work Location: Same as above. Also some projects will be mainly in Sudbury and Thunder Bay.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Provide operational, technical and control support to LMI’s projects site teams for the successful completion and client handover of our mining projects.
· Advise senior management
· Recommend operational changes to ensure that production quotas and procedures are met
· Evaluate efficiency of production sites
· Determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used for operations
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
· Establish work schedules
· Prepare production reports
· Ensure adherence to safety regulations
· Confer with other managers to set production quotas, to plan extraction sites and to develop policies for the removal of materials
· Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
· Overseeing the day to day operations (Mining construction activities)
· Compilation and review of project and technical documentation
· Review and update standard safety procedures and process
· Contribute to maintaining good relations with LMI’s clients and that the company’s interests are promoted at every opportunity to maximize our ongoing success.
· Ensure that the best effort is made to maximize profitability for LMI by ensuring proper planning and effective management of resources on projects.
· Ensure that the projects achieve the performance as required by the client and LMI.
· Provide the operational and technical support along with when requested organizing the necessary resources required in order for the projects to achieve set targets and accountable for all project performance.
· Contribute to the preparation of all budgets and forecasts for LMI’s mining Projects.
-Education: A bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or earth sciences is required.
-Experience: Several years of experience in a supervisory occupation in our particular industry are required, this may substitute for the formal education requirements mentioned above.
Ability to supervise:
More than 20 people
Staff in various areas of responsibility
Salary: $61.18 to $62.00 Hourly, 44 Hours per week
Benefits: Extended medical and dental insurance provided. Safety equipment e.g boots, safety glasses, coveralls, helmets, etc. are also provided to all employees.
Overtime is required for this position. Work is also required some Saturdays. Monday to Friday regular schedule. Lunch time break of 45 minutes with two 20 minute-breaks. In addition, the worker will be required to spend 30% of his time away from home traveling to various sites in Sudbury and Thunder Bay to support our operations.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 1275 Kelly Lake Road Unit 1 Upper Sudbury ON P3E 5P5
Apply by Fax: 705-806-2216
January 26, 2023
Discovery Silver’s (TSXV: DSV) preliminary feasibility study on its Cordero project in northern Mexico expands output by 40% while increasing construction costs by nearly a quarter compared with an earlier report. The project, located about 550 km south of the … Read More
January 26, 2023
We encounter the effects of climate change more and more every day. For example, in Turkey, we are experiencing a winter without snow on New Year’s Eve. Despite this, people still do not think about the consequences of their actions. Because when people do not … Read More
January 26, 2023
Last summer, Trevali Mining applied for relief under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and was granted the initial order in August. The next month it delisted its shares from the Toronto Stock Exchange. And this week, a receiver was appointed for … Read More