- Oversee distributed planning and analysis processes, including performing QA/QC & peer reviews, as well as planning, coordinating, and providing advanced and complex analytics, evaluation, interpretation and, synthesis of data; leading business and strategic decisions
- Act as a true business partner in anticipating and understanding customer questions in areas of plan options and plan variance analysis.
- Develop new and/or improve existing economic models that quantify changes to operating plans and their impacts to financial metrics. Summarize and simplify analytical results to facilitate executive decision making.
- Act as a true business partner with Director & above leaders (Study and Project Directors, Regional/Functional Leadership & Regional Planning personnel) & other cross functional teams to present coordinated results for plan reviews with the Executive Leadership Team. Manage functional relationship and provide independent recommendations.
- Work requires originality, judgment, facilitation skills and gaining alignment in the independent evaluation and resolution of problems.
- With thorough knowledge of corporate and regional business plans and strategies, assist in communicating the global strategic rationale for investment decisions effectively to help determine the strategic fit of a project or investment opportunity and present analysis to relevant stakeholders, including the ELT, regional & functional leadership.
- Independently develop, produce, enhance and analyze key performance metrics for projects / operations/investment opportunities that enable a standardized rating and ranking against other alternatives in Newmont’s investment portfolio.
- Lead and manage and provide recommendations for the development of specialized analytical tools including simulations, scenario analysis, portfolio management or detailed budgeting systems. Use these tools and integrate findings into the consolidated business plan to determine portfolio risks and opportunities.
- Enhance plan flexibility and optionality by leading & facilitating the process of evaluating operations, project, portfolio & investment options that are collectively exhaustive and mutually exclusive.
- Drive quality assurance and establish quality control processes to maintain the integrity of information being provided from multiple regions and functions.
- Lead & facilitate the process of managing through influence across the organization and bridges the needs of multiple stakeholders, including regional leadership, regional planning and project teams and corporate functions.
- Partner with Corporate Development and technical due diligence teams in the economic evaluation of external investment opportunities & strategies.
- Lead the effort of collaborating with technical and business functions to ensure that sources used in economic and portfolio models are based on appropriate assumptions that conform to current Business Planning guidance.
- Provide mentoring to individuals in the organization to improve financial and mine engineering analysis techniques, planning skills, understanding of Newmont’s portfolio and overall business acumen.
- Lead the development, establishment and implementation of global standards, tools and practices of economic & portfolio evaluations.
- Proactively lead, identify & partner with other functions and employees to increase business acumen and focus across company and functions; actively create, plan and manage and execute stakeholder and communication plans.
- Provide written reports and documentation for work completed as necessary to satisfy the requirements of the Investment System, business reporting, communications to senior management, ELT and/or BOD (e.g. plan review presentations, monthly analysis reports, memos, etc.)
- Subject Matter Expert for the department’s operations planning analytical tools, methods and processes. Provides recommendations for improvement/best practices and organizes implementation. Requires sound knowledge of mine planning, integrated planning systems, financial accounting, tax, capital budgeting and portfolio analysis.
- Effectively communicate analytical results and methods to personnel at all levels of the organization both verbally and in written formats.
- Manage critical financial & operational reporting systems & requirements.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, including external stakeholders when applicable, both verbally and in written format.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.