Newmont, founded in 1921 is one of the largest mining companies in the world with operations in North America, South America, Australia, Indonesia, and Ghana.
Newmont’s mining operations in Nevada include the Carlin trend located west of Elko; the Twin Creeks mine located north of Golconda; the Lone Tree complex near the town of Valmy; and the Phoenix mine located near Battle Mountain. Our newest project currently in the exploration and permitting stage is Long Canyon nestled in the Pequop Mountains. Our properties boast the widest variety of processing methods, and include Open Pit and Underground. Our work culture embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
People – Our goal is to maximize the competitive advantage we realize through our people – our priorities are to improve the way we develop and attract talented people in order to enhance our bench strength and diversity.
Health & Safety – Our goal is to achieve zero harm – our priorities are to create a broader sense of accountability, and apply our standards and procedures consistently everywhere we operate.
Operational Excellence – Our goal is to create a culture of continuous improvement – our priorities are to improve our cost base and operational performance, and strengthen the systems we use to manage the business.
Growth –Our goal is to deliver profitable production gains – our priorities are to achieve and maintain a reserve base of 100 million ounces, and to execute our most promising growth projects safely, on time, within scope and on budget.
Sustainability and External Relations – Our goal is to gain access to land, resources, approvals and capital – our priorities are to secure the permits and agreements we need, to develop long-term country strategies in key jurisdictions, and to develop strategic water management plans for key operations. The Newmont Legacy Fund is an employee driven giving campaign that provides for the community’s human social service needs across northern Nevada where we work, live and play and will help to sustain the communities in the future.
Newmont provides competitive pay and an outstanding employee benefit package that includes annual incentive bonus, comprehensive medical and dental plans including company sponsored medical clinics, life insurance, pension plan, 401K retirement saving program, paid time off, and paid holidays. This compensation package coupled with a commitment to diversity and inclusion where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential makes this a great place to work.
Supporting Operations’ production goals by installing, supporting, and maintaining, accurately calibrated instruments. Essential job duties:
- Proficient in all Instrument Tech II skills
- Assist operations, maintenance, and metallurgical groups by understanding, troubleshooting, problem solving, and optimizing instruments, equipment, and systems
- Pull and terminate all instrumentation cable
- Install tubing and conduit
- Perform advance value/actuator repairs and calibration
- Apply knowledge of the following equipment: PLC, DCS, Controllers, Analytical instrumentation, Microwave and combustion control applications to facilitate repairs
- Read advanced P&ID’s, loop diagrams, and schematics
- Write and adapt calibrations and preventative procedures
- Utilize test equipment, Electronic/Electrical theory, computer loops, and mechanical theory to calibrate Instruments
- Perform advance troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Perform transformer/switch gear/motor control repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance –troubleshooting, plant process and flow, transformers, switchgear, and MCCs.
- Layout panels and cabinets
- Comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company’s environmental compliance policy
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive