- 085630 Requisition #
- 9 hours ago Post Date
Barrick is looking for a Engineering Superintendent to join the Growth team. This person will lead engineering management planning and execution through required project phases to ensure successful delivery of processing projects to support overall PV Expansion program.
- Review, develop and facilitate as necessary engineering standards, design criteria, procedures and specifications
- Review, communicate and incorporate regulations and permits into design criteria, outlining key issues
- Advise and review process design criteria and development of process and infrastructure facilities, including layout, liaising with engineering consultants as required.
- Support further development of existing processing risk registers, formal risk assessments to Corporate standards, mitigation strategies and risk management plan development
- Facilitate development of deliverables, including designs, drawings, specifications, and vendor packages by engineering suppliers with support from the Extension team and Site Engineering
- Review and develop mine life cycle surface and groundwater management plans, considering water and process chemistry, supply and demand, recycling possibilities, hydrology, regulations and policies with support from the Extension team, Environmental group and Operations
- Support development of next phase work plan and cost estimate for technical and license to operate (LTO) activities in collaboration with flotation and pre-oxidation engineering consultants, PVDC Environment, Legal, Government Relations, Permitting, Community Relations, Communications groups
- Support development of execution plan for proposed flotation and pre-oxidation facilities life cycle, integrating environmental management, permitting, legal affairs, construction and engineering.
- Support development of closure strategy and cost estimate for proposed processing solutions
- Input to and review of relevant project report chapters as per Corporate standards
- Support regular reporting of processing projects status including safety, scope changes, quality, costs and schedule, as per program requirements
- Advise on overall processing project strategies and timing for process effectiveness, production maximization and permitting
- Support development of processing projects schedules and capital estimates to operations handover
- Support development of potential alternative processing strategies (location and technology)
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or similar is required.
- Working knowledge of English is required. Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- Microsoft Office – in particular, advanced Excel skills.
- AutoCad or similar
- Primavera, MS Project or similar
- Strong technical background in engineering planning, investigation and design
- Water management and process and water chemistry background will be an asset
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.