Barrick Nevada is looking for a Environmental Engineer – Water Resources to join the Environmental group at Goldstrike. The successful candidate will ensure that all legal and other compliance obligations of the mine are achieved with regard to water management programs and permits.
- Collect water level data and water quality samples from monitoring wells.
- Collect water quality parameters, flow, and samples from seeps, springs, and creeks.
- Manage data and generating reports based on data collected from wells, seeps, springs, and creeks during monthly and annual seeps and springs studies.
- Oversee the maintenance, evaluation and reporting of collected data to Barrick management and governmental agencies.
- Manage Water Pollution Control Permits.
- Assist with hydrologic investigations and reporting,
- Assist in the supervision and support of well drilling and design.
- Maintain developed compliance systems for all water related programs and permits, including water pollution control permits, potable water permits, and dewatering programs.
- Coordinate with company subject-matter experts on complex compliance issues.
- Manage contractor work in support of compliance and/or permitting activities.
- Assist operating division personnel in achieving their objectives.
- Assist with training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others.
- Oversee inspections of operations to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of work areas on and off the mine site.
- Responsible for periodic, after hours on-call response to environmental incidents, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering Mine Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field required.
- Master Degree in Hydrology or Hydrogeology preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred.
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Other factors that will be considered are employee performance, length of service, and work history.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.