Barrick is looking for an Environmental Coordinator to join the Exploration team. The successful candidate will ensure that all our legal and other compliance are achieved with regards to management program and permits.
- Ensure completion of regulatory reporting, bond updates, and modifications to reclamation permits
- Plan and track reclamation activities
- Maintain developed compliance systems for all exploration projects
- Track and ensure compliance with all project related government permits
- Coordinate archeological surveys and oversee cultural resources management program
- Oversee EIS/ROD Requirements
- Ensure completion and maintenance of the internal Environmental Standards
- Oversee spatial data management for various projects
- Ensure conformance with Barrick Environmental Management Standards
- Assist with environmental training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others
- Oversee inspections of operations to ensure permit compliance including accompanying regulatory inspectors on periodic inspections of project sites
- Responsible for periodic, after hours on-call response to environmental incidents as needed
- This position requires the ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet or icy ground and the ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Ecology or related field or equivalent experience required
- Five (5) years direct experience in environmental compliance with a minimum of three (3) years in an industrial setting, including regulatory agency interactions required
- Excelled verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required
- Familiarity with compliance systems and ISO 14001 preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.