Environmental Engineer I or II
- 084183 Requisition #
- 2 hours ago Post Date
Barrick is looking for an Environmental Engineer to join the Environmental group at Cortez. The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for management of the regulatory permitting, reporting and compliance of active mining operations and development projects within the Cortez District. A working knowledge and understanding of specific environmental media including: wildlife; waste; air; water; and, land (mine site reclamation and closure activities associated with operating on public lands) is required.
- Support the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Interact with stakeholders and regulatory agencies
- Participate in and provide support involving internal and external auditing activities
- Conduct and/or assist with training of Barrick employees, contractors, and others
- Conduct/participate in inspections of the Cortez District operations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and other legal obligations
- Be available for nights and/or weekend on-call duties as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Mining Engineering, Biology or other applicable science degree required
- 3-5 years environmental related experience with experience in an active mining setting involving surface and/or underground operations preferred
- Understanding of regulatory programs/permitting within Nevada at both the state (NDEP) and federal level (BLM) preferred; previous experience interacting with regulatory agencies preferred
- Ability to manage environmental programs including budgeting required
- Familiarity with compliance management systems and ISO 14001 preferred
- Demonstrated leadership qualities around Health & Safety required
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Ability to regularly walk over uneven, sloped, rocky, wet, or icy ground with or without reasonable accommodation required
- Ability to lift 40 or more pounds consistently and safely with or without reasonable accommodation required
- Demonstrated ability to perform all essential function of this role required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.