Suncor is hiring experienced Fixed Plant Operators to join our fly-in/fly-out Fort Hills mining project north of Fort McMurray. Successful candidates will be responsible for the safe, environmentally sound and reliable operation of their assigned area and the people within that unit. Bring your experience and be a part of a world class $13.5 billion project for Canada’s largest energy company.
- Perform associated plant operations duties for smooth and efficient operation in assigned work area
- Ensure that plant related issues are brought to the attention of the Shift Supervisor in a timely fashion
- Prepare and complete daily area logs and communicate significant changes and findings to the Shift Supervisor in a timely manner
- Provide direction and supervision to maintenance and contract personnel performing maintenance and other operational duties during the assigned shift
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and commission new equipment and systems
- Ensure that shift change is well communicated
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned area at a high level
- Adhere to environmental requirements
- Ensure the safety of personnel working within the assigned area and ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other policies are followed during operations
- Hazardous energy isolation of equipment for maintenance
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) from a provincially recognized institution
- Valid driver’s license with no suspensions and no more than two infractions in the last two years
- Minimum 4th class steam ticket required for Utility roles in cogen and boilers
- Two plus years’ previous plant operations experience in heavy oil processing, sour gas processing, water treatment/power plants or refinery operations is preferred
- Experience operating mechanical equipment such as conveyors, pumps, and/or compressors preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven safety and environmental mindset
- Ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets and work in a team environment
- Strong trouble shooting skills would be an asset
- Computer literacy is required
- Located at Fort Hills mine site 90 km north of Fort McMurray
- Fly-in/fly-out from Calgary and Edmonton. Also open to applicants in British Columbia’s Lower Mainland (Vancouver) and Thompson Okanagan (Kelowna and surrounding area)
- Brand new lodges at site with private bedrooms and bathrooms, chef prepared meals, housekeeping service, a gymnasium complex, sport leagues, movie theater, and more
- When the role transitions to Fort Hills site the shift schedule will be a rotation of seven days on, seven days off. During the Commissioning and Start-Up shift schedule may vary based on the needs of the Business Unit and the Fort Hills Project
- The region can experience periods of extreme weather conditions
- Suncor’s Journey to Zero is a strategy aimed at eliminating all occupational injuries and illnesses
- Relocation will not be provided
Go ahead. Expect big. At Suncor, you will work with some of the biggest equipment on the planet, or with some of the top technology around. We’ll provide great salary and benefits and offer training to develop your skills.
At the end of the day, you’ll take pride in seeing what you and your team have accomplished. But don’t just take our word for it. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor »
ABOUT FORT HILLS
Travel just 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, Alberta and you’ll find Fort Hills, the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region with more than 50 years of life expectancy. Fort Hills is being developed in a joint venture between Suncor, Total and Teck Resources, and Suncor is the site operator.
Fort Hills is a fly-in/fly-out work site with brand new lodge-style accommodations for contractors and employees. You’ll fly to and from work with Sunjet, Suncor’s private airline, from one of our hubs in Western Canada. Flexible travel assistance may also be available to get you to and from our hubs if you live in Western Canada. Our lodges are modern, with comfortable living quarters and free, fresh meals. You’ll also enjoy:
- two movie theaters
- a multi-sports/gymnasium complex available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- a games room
- a golf simulator
- convenience store
- chef prepared meals
- market-style cafeteria, and more.
Go ahead. Explore Fort Hills, our lodges and Sunjet at forthills.ca.
Suncor Energy combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business – and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to apply and build on your skills. We’re also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate – including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people are rewarded for their work. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Ourwork culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor »
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.