Barrick is looking for a Geologist I or II to join the Open Pit Technical Services team.
- Pit mapping
- Core and RC chip logging
- Ore Control assistance
- Blasthole mapping
- Production of geologic maps of the active mining areas
- Modeling of faults and lithologic units in Vulcan and Leapfrog and the identification
- Project preparation and presentation
- Sampling, and drill definition of resource
- Produce maps and cross sections for various projects in Adobe Illustrator or Vulcan.
- Attend daily meetings to support the Operations and Engineering groups.
- Provide geologic assistance as required to the Geotechnical and Hydrology groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or equivalent related degree required.
- Familiarity with Cortez area stratigraphy preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft products required.
- Experience with VULCAN, Leapfrog or other geologic modeling software preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment required.
- Geologic mapping, Core and RC chip logging, and blasthole mapping experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership, people and communication skills required.
- Ability to safely work outside in varied weather conditions required.
- Prior experience in geology in the mining industry preferred.
- Committed to continuous improvement, root cause analysis, risk identification and control required.
- Analytical, strategic and high initiative preferred.
- Proven ability to promote effective working teams, aligned with the company vision and core values required.
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision required.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions and walk on uneven ground required.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Other factors that will be considered are employee performance, length of service, and work history.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.