Barrick is looking for a GIS Analyst to join the Exploration team.
- Responsible for various GIS data compilation
- Delivery of mapping products using GIS
- Creating and updating geological cross sections
- Generating presentation and report graphics
- Coaching staff on software use
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related field, Computer Science or Database Management or a minimum of 2 years work experience using GIS required
- Experience using GIS, (ESRI ArcGIS Desktop) required
- Using and maintaining peripheral computer equipment: plotters, scanners, printers required
- Experience/familiarity with MS Office software and creating graphics in PowerPoint required
- Self-starter that can work with minimal supervision required
- A strong commitment to personal safety and the safety of others required
- Must maintain the confidentiality of information required
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with a diverse group of peers and technical specialists required
- Innovative, always looking for ways to improve technical excellence of the team required
- Experience using (ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Pro, AutoCAD, MapInfo) preferred
- Experience with Target for ArcGIS or Leapfrog or Vulcan 3D or Downhole Explorer preferred
- Expertise in GIS programming i.e. Python preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.