Teck Highland Valley Copper Partnership (THVCP) is currently accepting applications for the position of Heavy Duty Mechanic. THVCP recruits proactively to build talent pools for current and/or future opportunities.
This position will report to the Maintenance Shop Foreman and will be accountable for the following:
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established Safety and Environmental policies and procedures;
- Maintenance and repair of mobile mining equipment including haul trucks, dozers, graders, loaders and other heavy equipment;
- Diagnose equipment problems;
- Troubleshoot and repair components such as engine, transmission, cooling system, fuel and exhaust system, clutch and differential.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic; or an Interprovincial Truck & Transport Mechanic; or an Interprovincial Commercial Transport Vehicle Mechanic red seal trade qualification;
- Must have a valid driver’s license (minimum class 7N);
- Experience with Caterpillar equipment, hydraulic systems, and electrical diagnostics will be an asset;
- Must be willing to work shift work: two 12-hour day shifts followed by two 12-hour night shifts and four days off.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Highland Valley Copper offers an attractive salary and benefits package including relocation assistance.
Highland Valley Copper is one of Canada’s largest base metal copper-moly mines and is owned and operated by Teck Resources. The Highland Valley is a very attractive location offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing and golf. The mine site is a 50 minute drive from Kamloops, BC which provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the fourth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at http://www.teck.com/