Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Kinross Corporate Head Office is located in downtown Toronto and supports Kinross operations and projects worldwide. Corporate functions include Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT and Investor Relations.
The IT Security Analyst will be a member of the Corporate IT Security team and will provide security operations support for all areas of IT Security; including investigations, governance, metrics, training, management of security tools, and security projects.
- Provide IT security advice and support to IT staff worldwide
- Support security enhancement projects
- Enhance existing security documentation to provide IT professionals and the business with clear direction on security practices and procedures
- Raise awareness of security in IT and across the business
- Support and maintain IT Security standards, tools and processes
- Review IT Security environment and recommend continuous improvements
- Support the day-to-day IT Security operation. These include:
- Incident Response
- Patch Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Access Management
- Malware Protection
- Software Asset management
- Mobile Device Security
- Highlight IT Security risks to IT management
- Assist server, networking, application, and client services teams to deploy systems in a secure manner
- Collaborate with physical security professionals responsible for securing Kinross mine sites
- Assist in incident response and forensic analysis to support investigations
- Perform assessments against infrastructure and application designs to ensure compliance with security standards
Work is advanced in its complexity and involves new methodologies, approaches, or products requiring the interpretation of information to make recommendations. This position provides technical expertise to multiple projects simultaneously. Problem resolution involves a high degree of independent judgment to interpret risk in situations where considerable variation in interpretation is possible. Work is assessed based on attainment of objectives and effectiveness of results. The role is based in Toronto, Canada but will be working with IT staff at all Kinross sites with infrequent travel to them.
Education and Experience
- 5 Years’ experience in IT operations with a server/system focus, including 3 years’ direct experience with security operations
- Incident response, malware management, vulnerability management, application security, process analysis and engineering, policies and governance experience
- Prior experience in a mid to large tier organisation preferably within global context
- A CISSP, SANS GIAC or equivalent designation is valued
- Additional languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, Arabic)
- Experience with the following IT Security tools/hardware (or similar)
- Symantec End-Point Protection
- Nessus vulnerability management
- Splunk Enterprise Security
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SCCM
- SourceFire IPS
- Windows and Windows Server
- Server virtualization technologies, such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Database Management Systems, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.