This opportunity is posted for consideration by all Regular, Full-Time Williams Employees. Employees who are on the First Nation labour contract and have completed 12 continuous months of employment with Barrick on the property will be given due consideration. If you are interested in this position, you must complete the Application and forward it to Employee Relations.
JM Millwright for U/G and Surface
PAY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
NUMBER OF PERSONNEL NEEDED
One (1) Position
Nov 28 – Dec 7, 2018
4 X 10 hour shifts or 12 hours, 5-5-4 rotation
AS NEEDED / AS REQUIRED
Posting Number 18.48
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Duties: Individual is responsible for all millwright duties in all areas of the mine including the repairs to underground and surface stationary equipment, mill equipment, and shaft services maintenance, crusher and conveyor systems, fire suppression systems, pumping systems, water management, and rock breakers.
REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
· Dedication to safety measures and best practices required.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team required.
· Journeyman Millwright status or equivalent trade knowledge preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job required.
· Basic U/G and Surface Common Core preferred.
· Hoist experience and strong hydraulic knowledge an asset.
· Must be willing to work in both the Underground and Surface environment.
· Experience with mining equipment preferred.
· Enthusiasm and proactive attitude.
Prior to being awarded the posting the successful candidate must be able to physically meet the requirements of the position, including but not limited to; Standing, walking, driving, bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling and be able to work in the underground environment. This evaluation will be completed on site by our Health Team.
Other factors, including an employees’ performance, length of service,
and work record will also be considered.
. BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you are interested in this position, you must submit the Application for Posted Job Opportunity Form
to Tonia Oldford, Employee Relations Department.