Closing Date: December 22, 2015
A Canadian Original Company with a mine life of 20-30 years at its newest operation is currently looking to add several experienced Jumbo Operators to their team. This is a company that believes in treating their employees fairly and equally which in turn promotes a great working environment. This employer has an excellent staff retention and works with their employees to make this their career, and not just another job.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Mining this key position works a variable 5-4, 5-5, 4-5 days rotation (on-site camp residence available) and requires a dynamic individual with extensive experience in the underground mining industry with operations at a remote site. Please note the employer will not consider “fly-in-fly-out” candidates nor do they reimburse for travel allowance.
• Procures and transports materials, tools, equipment and blasting agents and accessories.
• Inspects, cleans and washes working face and general working area, checks and cleans bootlegs. Guards and blasts missed holes.
• Inspects, scales, rockbolts, screens and straps to achieve control of ground.
• Checks condition of travelway, work area, and equipment and corrects any unsafe conditions.
• Checks and lubricates LHD vehicle, bolting machine, jumbo drill and other machinery common to mining, and services with fuel, oils, coolants, etc.
• Shoots grade and center line from pre-determined lines and determines location, spacing, number, inclination and depth of blast and bolt holes.
• Operates L.H.D. vehicle to muck out rounds and to load broken material into trucks or rock passes or remucks at designated locations.
• Sets up and operates various types of rock drills to drill blast holes, test holes, rock bolt holes and line plug holes, etc.
• Installs and dismantles air and water lines, ventilation duct work and other service lines.
• Makes repairs such as tightening side rods on rock drills, splicing hoses, tightening loose bolts, etc. Change ring shanks on jumbo and hydraulic hoses.
• Procures blasting agents and accessories, loads, primes, times, connects rounds, checks and extends blasting lines, blows air, guards and blasts or sets up for centrally controlled blasting operations.
• 3 years experience underground mining with Jumbo Drill machine.
• Demonstrated competency in operation of Jumbo Drill to required standards.
• Ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
• Proven ability to work in a team setting as well as independently.
A progressive and quality focused company, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We welcome your interest in our world-class operation.
I thank all who apply but only those considered will be contacted.