Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Logistics Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Logistics Officer.
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor- Marketing, you will be responsible for facilitating the safe, timely and efficient execution of the copper concentrate marketing activities on site (loading, weighing and dispatching of haulage trucks) on a shift basis by providing logistical support to the operations staff in order to achieve concentrate delivery schedules. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Liaise daily with the shift Metallurgist on blending activities and follow up on potential blending obstacles to ensure timely completion of the blend.
- Preparation and distribution of accurate sample lists.
- Verification of weighbridge ticket details.
- Delivery note generation, verification and sign off after making sure that all the truck driver’s details, customer smelter details and security seal details are correct.
- Scheduling of truck convoys and distribution of convoy lists.
- Liaise with shift Metallurgist on timing of truck batch assay results and ensure quality of copper concentrate in the haulage trucks are within acceptable limits prior to dispatch.
- Randomly check the preparation of batch samples and ensure that weighbridge operators are complying with the procedures.
- Ensure timely loading and dispatches of haulage trucks and achieve planned turnaround times of trucks within the process plant.
- Capture Daily Loading Schedule data on Copper Concentrate Logistics System (CCLS).
- Continually review every aspect of the section’s operation to ensure that opportunities to add value and improvement in the shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Update the CCLS with any late changes of haulage truck details initiated by Haulage companies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Commercial Diploma/Degree or similar with technical inclination.
- Two (2) years operational/ logistics experience preferably on a mine or major industrial site .
- Exposure to logistics operations with local and international bulk transport and shipping activities and related documentation will be advantageous.
- Good commercial knowledge.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian driver’s license.
- Knowledge in Microsoft excel, word, power point a must.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.