Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance O4E Technician will be responsible for leading O4E initiatives at the Red Lake Gold Mines, while supporting the development of a sustainable culture of Execution and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead/facilitate teams to identify and eliminate bottlenecks and reduce waste.
- Lead/facilitate problem solving and brainstorming sessions, and other meetings involving the use of various O4E tools
- Lead/facilitate 5S campaigns.
- Work as a team leader for continuous improvement activities to ensure that processes are measured, monitored and controlled.
- Support teamwork and promote the use of standard procedures and policies and encourage the development of new procedures, guidelines or standards.
- Provide coaching in the use of O4E & project management best practice.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors to develop a sustainable improvement culture.
- Analyzing, identifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities based on value and business needs.
- Work in a healthy work environment with commitment to safety & health.
- Comply with federal and provincial acts, regulations, and legal requirements.
- Adhere to all relevant site and corporate policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a technical, business or mining discipline.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Lean disciplines.
- Training and mentoring experience in Continuous Improvement systems such as Lean or Six Sigma.
- Superior business writing skills for day-to-day communications, bulletins, instructional materials, recommendations, presentations and performance reporting.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Superior time-management and prioritization skills and able to function well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new computer software.
How to Apply
Internal and external candidates must apply online at www.goldcorp.com/careers using the Job Number RED00002350. Resumes received through fax, email or in person will not be accepted. At this time, candidates referred by recruitment agencies cannot be accepted. Please note that relocation will not be available to those located within 80 kilometers of Red Lake Gold Mines or for contract positions.