Barrick is looking for a Manager, Health, Safety and Security. The Health, Safety and Security (HS&S) Manager develops, implements and coordinates the overall HS&S program and strategy at the mine site and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Actively manage all HS&S programs/systems and compliance for open pit and underground mining operations and processing facilities, including overseeing the collection of data necessary to ensure the accurate and timely reporting to site management and regulatory agencies;
- Drive the implementation of site and Corporate Occupational Health and Safety programs and ensure the workforce is informed and trained to identify hazards, manage risk and utilize safe work practices;
- Understanding of industrial hygiene sampling strategies and mitigating processes;
- Engage with MSHA and the State of Nevada – Mine Safety and Training Section on all regulatory compliance matters;
- Manage all key aspects related to mine site incidents and injuries including reporting to regulatory agencies and follow-up/close-out of investigations;
- Develop and manage the HS&S department budget;
- Coach and mentor HS&S department personnel to aid in professional development of skill sets;
- Assure compliance with company and site-specific policies, standards, procedures and objectives associated with all HS&S processes, initiatives/projects and recommend new policies or procedures, if necessary;
- Direct the site development of guidance material and programs to support implementation of Barrick’s Health & Safety Management System;
- Participate in the development of audit protocols and coordinate internal and third-party audits;
- Engage with business partners and community stakeholders on business matters as needed;
- Prepare recommendations for upper management on the implementation of new HS&S systems, procedures or organizational changes;
- Conduct operational effectiveness reviews to ensure compliance with all HS&S measures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a preference in a health sciences discipline such as Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health and Safety required
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in mine health and safety required
- Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory/management experience in occupational health and safety required
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act 1977 required
- Prior knowledge and/or experience in industrial hygiene and MSHA regulations required
- Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding work environment required
- Professional Safety and Health Certifications (CSMP, CSP, etc.) preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.