Barrick is looking for a Process Manager to join the Process team. The Process Division Manager will be a member of the Goldstrike senior leadership team specific operational leadership responsibility for all Process Operations at Goldstrike. The Process Division manages nearly 1 million ounces of gold production per year and employs about 600 employees and full time contractors.
- Lead the Process Division to maintain safe employee behaviors and maintain environmental compliance in all areas of Process, support other divisions to deliver the same for the site.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all Process operations and maintenance activities daily in a manner consistent with the values of Goldstrike and Barrick. Interface frequently and effectively with employees at all levels of the operation.
- Lead development of production targets and ensure production targets are met or exceeded through well planned and safe practices.
- Lead the development of the growth strategy for Goldstrike resources in accordance with the company’s overall strategic plans. Oversee all development and construction activities within the Process areas.
- Develop and execute realistically aggressive annual improvement plans targeted at continual improvement of operating and business results.
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team at Goldstrike to develop strategic organizational initiatives.
- Lead the execution of the mine’s health, safety and environmental plans. Ensure Process activities are conducted in accordance with all federal and state HSE regulations. Interface with federal and state regulatory agencies as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering or closely related discipline required. An advanced degree in business is beneficial
- A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of progressive operational/management positions, of which at least five (5) years should be in Process operations is required
- Previous experience working in mines with similar size and technical scope to those of Goldstrike is preferred
- Proven success and demonstrated track record of leading a strong culture of process safety is required
- The ability to establish, communicate and measure aggressive results regarding safety, productivity, continuous improvement and sound business practices is required
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop a strong team and positive working relationships with a diverse workforce is required
- Excellent people skills (coaching & mentoring) directed towards developing and empowering teams & individuals is required
- Able to prepare and present reports to all levels of the organization in an accurate and understandable format is required
- Proven success in implementing and managing change processes is required
- An exemplary safety, performance, and attendance record is required
- Proactive focus on talent assessment and career development for key Process staff is required
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and control internal and external projects is required
- Sound business judgment and knowledge of financial and accounting functions together with a solid understanding of what drives profitability, cash flow and costs is required
- Some travel and extended hours may be required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.