Closing Date: January 20, 2016
Do you have strong research, analytical and communication skills with a high level of attention to detail? If so, then consider this challenging opportunity with the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines, to provide administrative services to the mining lands dispositions team.
• process applications to transfer, mortgage or surrender mining leases/mining licenses of occupation
• monitor and verify the status of mining leases and process applications for their renewal
• process the termination of mining leases and licenses of occupation for rental arrears, expiry, and corporate dissolution.
• prepare correspondence on behalf of the manager
• acquire and interpret land title and other registered documents from Land Registry Offices
• respond to internal and external client requests for information and general land related questions
• ability to interpret maps, surveys and legal land descriptions, and apply knowledge of the Mining Act and regulations as well as other legislation and Acts relating to property and land management practices
• familiarity with confidentiality requirements and can apply the Freedom of Information and Protection of Personal Privacy Act
• strong research skills to conduct title searches, determine the legal status of companies, and process municipal tax sales
• demonstrated analytical skills to review mineral exploration work plans and work agreements to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and acts such as the Mining Act and Land Titles Act
• excellent communication to explain policies, land related terms and program requirements with internal and external clients
• interpersonal skills to deal diplomatically and tactfully with clients, and with co-workers in a team setting
• well developed organizational skills to set and manage changing priorities, plan ahead and coordinate information requests and organize work
• good arithmetic skills to calculate rental rates and property areas and boundaries
• attention to detail and accuracy
• demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal direction
• excellent skills and experience working with databases as well as knowledge and experience working with word-processing, spreadsheet and email software programs
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.