Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods.
Responsibilities include: The Open Pit Maintenance Planner will perform all necessary tasks to plan and schedule maintenance work, maintain an accurate backlog and interact/communicate with supervisors and other planners in achieving set goals. Other tasks include, but are not limited to generating PMs, developing task and material lists, building activities, review stock level requirements, develop cost and equipment reports, and determine best source for labor and materials. Communicate/coordinate with all levels of maintenance, operations, purchasing and warehouse staff, and outside vendors; perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Minimum five (5) years of mobile equipment mechanic experience preferred
• Previous maintenance planning experience, Xeras and Discovery knowledge preferred
• Two (2) years of Oracle eAM (Computer Maintenance Management Systems) or equipment experience preferred
• Three (3) years of mobile maintenance planning experience preferred
• Proven equipment care and custody leadership required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with maintenance systems preferred
• Sound understanding of maintenance safety and environmental requirements preferred
• Ability to deliver clear and concise information required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Excellent planning, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills preferred
What we can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits, and stock where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to transform traditional mining business into Digital Mining Business.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations.
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.