Barrick Nevada is looking for an Open Pit Mobile Maintenance Supervisor to join the Cortez Mine Maintenance team. The Supervisor will ensure that all planned maintenance activities for the truck and support fleet are properly executed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Comply with Barrick’s policies and procedures, MSHA, environmental regulations
- Track maintenance on a fleet of numerous pieces of surface mining equipment
- Perform employee performance evaluations, monitor, track safety performance and hours for direct reports
- Present maintenance shift reports to management and peers
- Conduct pre-shift inspection of the work site and monthly Planned General Inspections (PGIs)
- Properly down code information to be entered into the Mining Dispatch System
- Involvement in performing and reviewing Field Level Risk Assessments (FLRAs) and document incidents in RIMS, along with maintain quality control procedures
- Promote a safe working environment and encourage crew members to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide support to operations as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Five (5) years of experience in the maintenance of large, open-pit mobile equipment, in a planned maintenance environment required
- Two (2) years of experience working in maintenance supervisory or lead role demonstrating increasing responsibility preferred
- Demonstrate ability to use Microsoft Office, Oracle, and dispatch systems preferred
- Excellent leadership skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Willingness to cross train in Maintenance Planning required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with maintenance technicians and other site personnel required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Other factors that will be considered are employee performance, length of service, and work history