Process Plant Manager [Urgent need job]
Process Plant Manager
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Operations
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of North Western Province. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,.000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Process Plant Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Operations, you will be responsible for strategies and systems to ensure optimum processing plant performance and copper recovery, to enable the business to meet its long and short-term objectives.
· Develop the strategic operating plan and production budget for the Processing Department to enable achievement of the Life of Mine Plan.
· Deliver on the business plan whilst driving continuous improvement in operational performance.
· Plan the future direction of the management of the above areas and assist in developing the overall business strategy, particularly in regard to processing.
· Develop the Annual Plan for the department and drive achievement of continuous improvement targets.
· Control the interactions between processing systems and processes and ensure continued development and improvement of these systems.
· Manage the continual review of production targets and delivery of product to agreed quality, quantity, timing and cost.
· Review capital requirements for department items, to meet long term objectives of Lumwana Operations.
· Review departmental expenditure monthly and ensure all variances to budget are investigated and explained.
· Identify specific areas for cost improvement and ensure the development and implementation of action plans to achieve these gains.
· Deliver reports to the Senior Operations Manager on agreed performance indicators and to agreed standard and schedule.
· Continual review of concentrator performance and liaison with Mining and Asset Management to ensure production and maintenance activity is coordinated across the operation.
· Undertake continuous improvement programmes and initiatives to achieve and improve plant performance by diligent monitoring of trends, variables and resources.
· Investigate, assess and where appropriate, trial new technology, keeping abreast of industry developments.
· Ensure security inspections are carried out and documented as required by the Barrick Security standards.
· Prepare and manage the budget for the department.
· Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the department.
· Ensure training and coaching is provided to all employees, with specific attention to implementation of defined Succession Plan.
· Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
· Achieve agreed environmental targets, legal compliance and incident prevention. Lead and promote the development of a culture of workforce environmental care and respect.
· Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Experience & Qualifications
· Minimum (10 years) experience in minerals processing, including several years in leadership roles in large copper mining operations, managing a technically and culturally-diverse team.
· Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
· Must be a Zambian Citizen
· Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia or meets the requirements to be registered.
· Ability to obtain Zambian Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Works)
· Demonstrated experience in processing operations training and competency development.
· High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
· Experience in managing department costs and budgeting.
· Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
· Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
· Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, confident communicator with senior management, legal entities and external stakeholders.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.