Overseeing all aspect of the safe and environmentally responsible operation of exploration project generation, design and execution.
- Ensure safety and health, environmental, and community relations procedures are in place and followed
- Completes and supervises geologic mapping, geologic data compilation/ synthesis and interpretation, drill target recommendation, drill program design and management, core and RC chip logging, 3D geology modelling
- Supervision of geologic staff
- Program execution with minimal supervision
- Reviews and provides feedback on all technical and project proposals and ensure adherence to best practices
- Ensure adequate quality control procedures are in place and adhered to
- Ensure projects have clear and appropriate decision points and that they are adhered
- Ensure that projects are completed in time and on budget
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date on project process
- Prepare and assists in preparation of annual budget material
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in geology or equivalent required
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience or advanced degree preferred
- Northern Nevada Gold experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe work culture, ability to work safely, and completion of projects in an environmentally responsible manner required
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures and ensure fellow employees/contractors follow company policies required
- Ability to work within a team environment required
- Self-started that can prioritize a heavy workload and work with minimal supervision required
- Excellent oral and written skills, team leadership, and problem-solving skills required
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail required
- Experience with MS Office software, acQuire databases, ArcGIS, ioGas, and 3D modelling software preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk on uneven ground
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.