Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator- Planning and Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Reliability Engineer.
Reporting to the Coordinator- Planning and Reliability, it is anticipated that in your role as Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the operations in maximising the utilisation of the assets through safe, cost effective and reliable equipment. This is achieved through collaboratively working with the operations team on: Equipment strategy development, Life cycle cost analysis, Reliability improvement, Reliability processes and practices.
· Develop whole of life equipment strategies that utilize RCM processes
· Develop Life cycle cost models that optimise life cycle costs
· Improve equipment reliability throughavailability and MTBF data analysis, asset condition and integrity review, high risk equipment condition review and contingency planning, improvement plan support, equipment root cause analysis,
· Manage reliability processes such as Defect elimination, Root cause analysis and QA / QC
· Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
· Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
· Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders in LMC’s mining activities, consistent with Barrick’s Community Relations Policies.
· Become actively involved in Barrick’s aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
· Prepare and manage the budget for the function.
· Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
· Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across Barrick and cascade this throughout function.
· Ensure effective communication with delegate prior to departure from site.
· Be visible in the workplace.
Experience & Qualifications
· Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Industrial Engineering
· Member of Zambian Institute of Engineers
· Competent in maintenance work management processes
· Hold a valid Zambian driver’s licence
· Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination
· Must be able to read understand and reference maintenance manuals.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
March 20, 2023
Gold prices backed off from the key $2,000 level on Monday as investors assess the health of the global banking sector, even as increasing bets of a Federal Reserve rate pause kept bullion near a one-year peak. Earlier, spot gold climbed 1.6% to its highest si … Read More
March 20, 2023
Golden Minerals Company (NYSE-A: AUMN, TSX: AUMN), a precious metals miner with over a dozen projects across Argentina, Mexico and United States, has provided an initial mineral resource estimate for its Yoquivo silver-gold project. Yoquivo is an exploration-s … Read More
March 20, 2023
Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) shares surged as much as 11.2% on Monday as the Australian gold miner started underground production three months ahead of schedule at its New South Wales Cowal project. “We are now on the pathway to increase Cowal’s production … Read More