We are seeking a reliable, experienced Rock Mechanics Professional with a positive attitude to join our dedicated team. This position reports directly to the Engineering Team Leader. The successful candidate will have a high focus on safety in all aspects of the job.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collection and analysis of data relating to strength, stability and stress regime of rock mass
- Review and recommend stope sizes, shapes and sequencing, with significant input to the production schedule
- Update, maintain and analyze the stress model of the mine
- Review and update ground control policies
- Liaise with operations and make ground support recommendations
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- Must possess either a Mining Engineering Degree or Diploma
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- An ability to be a team player and to work within a changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and capability to work in and adapt to a fast paced production oriented setting
- A strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner
- Proficiency in Deswik, Vulcan, Map3D, and Phases/Dips is preferred
The schedule for this position is 4 days on and 3 days off, 10 hours per day.
Goldcorp Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.