Safety and Health Specialist I, II, III
Barrick Nevada is looking for a Safety & Health Specialist to join the Goldstrike Safety & Health team. The Safety & Health Specialist will learn the work environment and perform duties related to the Occupational Health and Safety Profession.
- Act as a technical advisor and coach to the site management team while working with Senior Safety and Health professionals to develop and implement strategies to control immediate risks in the workplace and solve complex Safety and Health problems.
- Actively participate in internal Safety and Health inspections and audits to identify conditions, behaviors, or training related corrective actions and needs.
- Maintain a weekly to monthly overview plan for Industrial Hygiene and/or Safety and Health functions related to their assigned area or division.
- Work with all employees and staff to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and company safety and health standards and systems. Accompany division management along with MSHA and State inspectors during inspections.
- Assist with health testing or industrial hygiene activities as needed.
- Serve as a resource or facilitator for incident investigations and TapRoot analysis to ensure that all incidents are properly investigated to determine root cause. Actively participate in the development of effective correction actions to prevent recurrence of safety incidents or industrial hygiene exposures.
- Maintain accurate documentation and data entry in databases.
- Assist in Team Based and Formal Risk Assessments by facilitating, developing, and tracking action plans.
- Maintain and sustain active involvement with division safety team, committees.
- Provide Safety and Health coaching, mentoring, and teaching to all employees.
- Actively participate in toolbox meetings, safety meetings, and other training sessions.
- Develop and instruct MSHA topics during New Hire Orientation, Annual Refresher Training, and Contractor Hazard Training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree + 6 years of experience in industry preferred
- Bachelors Safety Degree + 3 years of experience preferred
- Assigned & completed time in at least 2 divisions (year per division) preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in industry with proven/demonstrated Leadership in Safety preferred
- CAOCH certification & Testing Activity preferred
- Pulmonary function technician certification & Testing Activity preferred
- NSC Advanced Safety Certification preferred
- Completed time in IH role/training preferred
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Barrick Nevada is an integrated gold mining operation that combines the Cortez and Goldstrike properties in Nevada, employing a total of 3,000 employees and 800 contractors. The operation utilizes both open pit and underground mining methods with Autoclave and Roaster processing facilities at Goldstrike and Milling/Heap Leaching facilities at Cortez.