Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Security Operations Coordinator,
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Security Operations Supervisor.
Reporting to the Security Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of LMC employees, their families and business partners.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
· Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures ensuring the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional service provision by the Security Services Department with a specific focus to Access Control Points/Gates to the Mine
· Provide a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
· Ensuring compliance to voluntary principals on security and human rights.
· Supervise subordinates to ensure that all are equipped, trained and qualified to perform their duties in an appropriate manner.
· Execution of shift operations in keeping with various Corporate Policies, Mine Standing Instructions, Departmental Operating Procedures etc…
· Accurate, Detailed and Timely delivery of required administrative reports (Oral, Written, Incident, Statements, Safety etc.)
· Proactively coordinate all operational resources deployed in keeping with Standing Operational Procedures ensuring the maintenance of an effective, efficient and professional service provision by the Security Services Department with a specific focus to Access Control Points/Gates to the Mine.
· Protect company employees and property by following all relevant procedures at the assigned position and provide a positive and cooperative input to the Security Management team.
Reviewing of deployment plans from security service provider
Experience & Qualifications
· Diploma in security related qualification or Social Science
· Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a reputable organization with a security operations
· Experience in Zambian Police Service or Corporate (private) Security is an added advantage.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
· Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
· Disciplined, Honest, Proactive, Resourceful, Tactful.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.